Wednesday, June 17, 2009

There's a first time for everything...




This is my first blog and I was wondering what topic to write about. Given the name I chose for my blog, it seems appropriate to start by writing about my first cup of tea. I had my first cup when I was about thirteen, I had a really bad tummy ache and my mother made me a cup Lipton's Black tea. Oh the relief after that cup!

For a long time after that I associated tea with pain-relief and nothing else, until my husband (then boyfriend) made me my first cup of “Irish tea” (I was about thirty then). I was shocked when he said he would be adding sugar and milk to the black (Lyons) tea, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it tasted soooooo good!

Ever since I always look forward to having a nice “cuppa” with my husband, it’s like our own private time together, we could be watching TV, or just sitting down talking, tea time just seems to make everything better.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Camellia,

    Just added your blogsite to my favesites. I told you before - you are good in putting your thoughts into words - you should have start this a long time ago.

    Please make this regular and longer.

    Your bff,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bff Katie!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.. - Camellia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beginning to be a fan of tea.. especially the chamomile tea. My first cup of this tea was when I was in the hospital just a week ago. I was not really a coffee or tea drinker but this one is so good with added sugar and so soothing and very relaxing. Love it!

    Thanks for sharing Camellia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes chamomile tea is great for relaxation. Here's my tea ritual:

    Upon waking up - lemon and ginger tea
    Sometime after lunch - jasmine tea
    And night time - chamomile tea

    So that's three cups, probably more than half a litre already of our 2-litre quota of water to drink a day. And to think I've enjoyed immensely each cup, nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting blog Camellia! After more than 10 years without communication, this sure does let me catch up on your present life.

    I have also began appreciating tea. It was not something I loved when we were younger. It is probably because the drink itself has improved through the years and its health benefits have been given special focus.

    I drink green tea in the morning to detoxify and nothing beats cranberry tea and raspberry tea at snack time. Hmm, the last two don't just taste good, they smell good as well.

    Yes chamomile will be good at night. I will try it one of these days.

    Hope to read more interesting topics in your coming publications.

    Cay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cay!

    Herbal and fruit teas are surely a better and healthier alternative to caffeine.

    Although I wouldn't say NO to coffee once in a while, for a treat: vanilla latte, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete